Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Like Our Chances Going Forward
(11-21-2018, 03:43 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: @Steelers- We'd be at 9-6, so we'd need this game to even have a chance a the playoffs, which I'm hoping that AJ will be back to 100% and our defense will be playing inspired football under Marvin.  I think we could pull out a win here, bringing us to 9-7.

A win in Pitt would be 10-6 of course but it may not be necessary.

The only team with a shot to have the tie break over the Bengals is oddly enough Miami.  Not a two way tie break, but if three or more are involved they could come out ahead.  The Dolphins are also the least likely 5-5 team to reach 9-7 IMO.  Tennessee, Indy, and Baltimore, none would have a tie break edge over the Bengals given the win/loss scenario you've played out.

The only reason Baltimore is ahead of Cincinnati now is division record.  If both teams win this week the Bengals pass up Baltimore.  If both teams win the games they should, losing the ones we suspect, division record would be 3-3.  Bengals would knock off Baltimore with a better win percentage in common games.  The Bengals would have the edge in AFC record, common games, or head to head versus everyone.

I think Tennessee is the most dangerous given each team's road ahead.  Again though, if both teams finish 9-7 there is no path for Tennessee to win that tie-break.  

One final caveat is that Pitt could have locked in their playoff spot by week 17.  Nothing to gain.  Also possible that their locked in spot doesn't give them a bye.  Could be they have a strong motivation to sit starters in week 17.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I Like Our Chances Going Forward - Wilikn - 11-21-2018, 12:26 PM
RE: I Like Our Chances Going Forward - N_B - 11-22-2018, 11:11 PM