Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-10-2018, 07:17 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Look, I've been a Dalton supporter, but you naysayers tell me the last time a Dalton led offense put up what should have been 27 points on the road against a top tier football team without AJ and Eifert in the lineup. And Driskel did it with an offense not designed to use his abilities fully. He has better arm strength than Dalton. He's a better athlete than Dalton, AND he appears to be a smart decision maker while having very little playing time. I think the kid deserves a shot. We KNOW what Dalton is. Good enough at times with all pieces around him to win some games but not consistently good enough to do it, especially when he doesn't have his weapons around him. It's time to try a different direction.

At Indy this year.
At Baltimore last year.

Also, you're saying Dalton isn't good enough to get it done. Meanwhile Driskel is 0-2 as a starter.
This week, the only QBs that had less passing yards than Driskel were Mariota, Jackson, Trubisky, Stafford, and Sanchez.
That's bottom 6.
Granted, last week was better. But.....they only scored 10 points and it was an awful game.

Also, Andy Dalton is the only reason the Bengals were able to score 21 points against the Ravens (on the road...again). If it wasn't for a dropped pass, who knows how that game would have went. Heck. They almost beat the Steelers but the defense let them down.

Andy Dalton is why the Bengals started off 4-1. Crazy how quickly people forget about that.

Wonder if you were one of the people clamoring for AJ McCarron to be our starter.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolfkaosaun - 12-10-2018, 07:45 PM