Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-11-2018, 08:11 AM)Bengalboy Wrote: Jesus .... i know its pretty bad around here, okay ... really really bad, but is this really the level we are sinking to? Fans getting all thirsty for Driskel .... please cmon people we are better than that.

Reminds me of the AJ McCarron nonsense. All the fans begging for that bum to start, and even Cincinnati media types saying he is gonna get big money in free agency. What a joke.

Sure does and some of the ones who were saying this about AJM are very vocal here as well. 

Now I like Driskell and always said he was plenty good enough to make AJM tradable. Many Driskell lovers now disagreed completely then. Some seem more like Dalton haters now looking back.

Think Dalton is going to be fine (rhymes with one of the former naysayers) but OL was injured and had not developed chemistry yet. Believe most knew they should get better as year went along. 

But for those that say Dalton is not tradable ? Disagree with that as well, somebody will quickly make move. Not certain that is in our best interest unless we are blowing it up and starting over. Think we are closer to becoming good again than that, even as bad as we have looked. 

What I would do is draft a back up QB in 4th or 5th round with potential of becoming good or grab a solid back up in FA. 

Start Dalton and use Driskell like the Saints use Taysom Hill in a "do it all role". Driskell is a way better athlete than Hill and could become a really nice extra weapon immediately. 

Why choose ? Use all our weapons instead and go for the gold for once in our lifetime. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Go Cards - 12-11-2018, 06:56 PM