Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-12-2018, 06:19 PM)Fullrock Wrote: In 2017 the league average QB rating was 88.6. Dalton's career rating is 88.8. That's about as mediocre as they come folks. Those of you still supporting this guy as anything but average is mind boggling. He simply is not good enough.

I doubt Driskel gives this team a better chance to win next year, but guess what, they aren't winning anyway. If you look at this team objectively you realize they aren't even close. The offensive line, while improved, still isn't very good. The defensive line isn't what it once was. Geno has not had a Geno season and is getting older. The LB corps is terrible. Burfict has been awful. The CB's aside from Jackson are not good. And the QB is as average as they get. This team missed its window to win with the core group of players in their prime. 

Draft a QB. Play Driskel. Design the offense to fit his abilities. Good coaches design their systems to fit their personnel, they don't try to cram their personnel into systems that don't fit. See what you have with the kid. The physical tools are there. See if he can develop. It's comical the comments about the kid after two starts. No one knows what he's capable of without seeing extended time on the field. 

Three seasons in a row with no playoffs. Next year will be four. We know the organization won't go after anyone in free agency. Might as well see what Driskel can develop into because you know what you have with Dalton, and it hasn't been good enough. 

Why draft a QB and play him behind a guy that is pretty much a practice squad QB? 

Wouldn't it be more prudent to draft a QB and let the vet Andy Dalton teach him? 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Synric - 12-12-2018, 06:27 PM