Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-13-2018, 04:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Dalton's whole problem is prime time and playoffs and if that were ever solved he'd be considered a very good QB around the league and with pretty much all Bengals fans. As it stands though he's played poorly in most prime time games and in every playoff game and like it or not there's not a infinite number of chances at the playoffs.

But I don't see any of that changing as long as Marvin is the HC and Mike Brown is running the show. Marv's teams are so unprepared for the playoffs that we could almost say it's been historically bad, and Marv's playoff record shows it.

That's the issue to me.....after watching Palmer blow up in the desert, it made me think it was all coaching/culture here.  Dalton has actually played well in Prime Time games lately, KC notwithstanding, and the stats verify it.  The whole deal with Carson and the way this team is outwitted against quality opponents, be it prime time games or playoff games gives me pause in putting blame squarely on any of our players.....really.  Hell, just this season, 14 was en fuego on prime time against Baltimore.  Andy has been inconsistent at times, and for that, criticism is warranted.  We've been shitty as a whole in games when the nation is watching.  When one little thing goes wrong, or there is a turnover, this team implodes.  How can that be with so many variations in the roster over 16 seasons if it doesn't have something to do with the coaching/culture?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-13-2018, 04:28 PM