Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-13-2018, 04:28 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's the issue to me.....after watching Palmer blow up in the desert, it made me think it was all coaching/culture here.  Dalton has actually played well in Prime Time games lately, KC notwithstanding, and the stats verify it.  The whole deal with Carson and the way this team is outwitted against quality opponents, be it prime time games or playoff games gives me pause in putting blame squarely on any of our players.....really.  Hell, just this season, 14 was en fuego on prime time against Baltimore.  Andy has been inconsistent at times, and for that, criticism is warranted.  We've been shitty as a whole in games when the nation is watching.  When one little thing goes wrong, or there is a turnover, this team implodes.  How can that be with so many variations in the roster over 16 seasons if it doesn't have something to do with the coaching/culture?

Yeah, prime time games are just a time of day thing. We could say big games or very important games. The loss to NO was a bad loss as was KC (blow outs), so was the game against Pittsburgh earlier this year and the Cleveland game. The Pittsburgh game was important because the Bengals were in 1st place and a win against the Steelers would have cemented that 1st place standing and moxy. For me the Cleveland game was also important because they (Cleveland) viewed themselves as moving up the ladder and that could have been shut down right there, only the Bengals were unprepared completely and it showed. Now the Bengals are in last place. First to last within a half season is a pretty big stumble.

Marv just can't get this team ready for important match ups.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - BengalChris - 12-13-2018, 04:39 PM