Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-14-2018, 12:20 PM)falsestart Wrote: It's funny watching what some other teams do sometimes isn't it? John Harbaugh has decided if he's gonna make the playoffs and make a run he had to set Flacco on the bench and roll with Jackson. Andy Reid decided that Alex Smith wasn't gonna get him to where he needed to be so he drafted, then traded his starter, and inserted Patrick Mahomes. Sometimes your starter isn't a bad quarterback but you realize he just isn't the guy that you need to get you where you want to be! Here in Cincinnati! Just tow the company line!

Its funny watching the entire NFL for years instead of just picking random situations that back up your point.

John Harbaugh decided to go with Flacco as his starter until an injury forced his hand.  And Flacco has not been a good QB in years.  Since 2015 he has an 82.7 passer rating with only 64 tds in 51 games.  To compare him to Dalton I will just go back to '16 so no one will accuse me of cherry picking Dalton's best season.  Flacco had a 82.6 passer rating and only 50 tds in 41 games.  In just 2 more games (43) Dalton had 14 more tds (64) and a 89.4 passer rating.

And anyone who can provide a quote from 2 years ago saying Mahomes will throw 50 tds in 2018 can step forward and crow about what Reid has done, but the fact is many highly rated QBs flop.  Especially if they are forced to play behind a leaky offensive line.

Here is a number I will probably be bringing up a lot....Since the 2011 draft when we got Dalton there have been 25 QBs taken in the first round.  Only five of those 25 have a career passer rating higher than Andy Dalton.  Close to half of them (11 of 25) have career passer ratings in the 60 and 70's.  It is not going to be near as easy to replace him as some people seem to think.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - fredtoast - 12-14-2018, 03:38 PM