Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
2011: People wanted Dan LeFevour and Jordan Palmer to compete to start over Dalton. What became of LeFevour and Little Palmer?

2016: People wanted McCarron to start over Dalton. McCarron had almost no FA interest and the QB needy Bills dumped him.

2018: People want Jeff Driskell to start over Dalton. 

-----

2010: People boo'd Palmer when he hit 20k yards, and (allegedly) threw trash on his lawn. They blamed him for the losing, and felt a new QB could take the team to the next level. Palmer winds up going elsewhere and somehow played better in prime-time (which was a big problem for him) and finally won a playoff game. 

2018: People boo Dalton at charity softball games. They blame him for the losing, and feel a new QB can take the team to the next level.

------
The only thing more repetitive than Marvin Lewis coaching disappointing teams is this fanbase blaming players (especially QB's) when the real problem is slapping them in the face over and over again (for 16 years and counting). I swear I feel like I'm in the movie Groundhog's Day. We should know by now that the backup isn't the answer. We should know (from Palmer) that Dalton isn't why we lose prime-time and playoff games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2018, 03:21 PM