Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-17-2018, 04:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No he is not.

His passer rating is 17th among 44 active QBs with at least 750 attempts.

If you lower the threshold to 500 attempts then he is 19th out of 50.

He is 13th among active QBs in career passing yards and tds.

Since he entered the league in 2011 he is second among all QBs in rushing tds, 4th quarter comebacks, and 4th quarter game winning drives.

And among those 44 active QBs with at least 750 attempts Dalton's "Fumble Percentage" (fumbles/pass att + rush att + sacks) was third lowest (at the beginning of this season)

There is no way you can say he is below average by any measure.

Stop using only active qb's. Use all qb's in the last 8 years. Some of those qb's you are counting are back up qb's . Were talking starters only who have thrown over 750 times, and have played in the past 8 years. 

He's got an average ranking of 17 out of 32 among starters in the past 8 years. His playoff games drops his ranking to about 22 out of 32. 

He's had 4 horrid playoff games with his rankings in the 50's. 

If were looking at this years starters he's 25th out of 32. 

If youre looking at career yards then lets see in 5 years where he ranks with all the young good qb's in the league who will be putting up huge numbers.

Your numbers don't look at past qb's like Peyton Manning or current good qb's like Mahomes. You cherry pick those stats to fit your argument. 
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolverine515151 - 12-17-2018, 05:01 PM