Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-17-2018, 05:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Did you read those stats?  Top 9 isn't average.  That said, yes, I would be open to trading him if we can sign a comparable FA for cheaper.  I am NOT for drafting a QB this particular year though.

However, if Merv or Hue is the HC next season, it won't really matter much will it?

(12-17-2018, 05:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: The numbers are what they are.  No one is saying the guy is elite.  No one is saying it isn't time to look for a replacement.  What people are saying, actually, is, that he is better than he gets credit for.  People are also saying, Driskel is not the answer, this year is a bad draft for QBs, and if you trade him, you're going to need to find someone at least comparable to have any measure of success.

These 2 posts are pretty much where I'm at. I'm fine with changing the QB and it'd be great if we could upgrade...BUT...Dalton has been a fine QB for us and we won't be winning any playoff games until there are serious changes with this organization, especially at Head Coach. Part of me would love to see Dalton with a new offensive minded HC, but that could be here or elsewhere.

(12-17-2018, 07:13 PM)Synric Wrote: You know everyone mentions Green Sanu and Marvin Jones as really the only receivers Dalton has thrown too.

How about Jerome Simpson, Andre Caldwell, Andrew Hawkins, Jermaine Gresham.

How about Armon Binns, Greg Little, John Ross, CJ Uzomah and Brandon Tate?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Shake n Blake - 12-17-2018, 09:24 PM