Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
I'm a Dalton fan. I'm also to the point of being ready to move on from him. Part of it is because I'd like to see him succeed and not be stuck somewhere that doesn't appreciate him. I'd like to see him go win a playoff game and it's just not going to happen here with Marvin and Mike.

The Pistons always quotes me and says the backup QB is the most popular guy on the team. I agree with him. I get that. Bengals fans take it to a whole other level though. Dalton has been the best QB on the team since he was drafted. Dalton is a big part of the reason the team was respectable and even mentioned as being contenders a couple of seasons. However, the fans have always wanted the backup QB to start over him. They booed him at a celebrity softball game in front of a national audience, hung signs at training camp about how they wanted McCarron to start, and we had the thread with people talking about how they were happy he got hurt this season. It's utterly ridiculous.

Cincinnati doesn't deserve the guy. He's a good QB. He's an even better person who does a TON for the city and community. Fans reward him by shitting on him all the time. Hell, people are doing mental gymnastics to make the argument that Driskel should be the starting QB going forward because he's not Andy Dalton. That all it takes to be loved by half the fan base. Simply don't be Andy Dalton.

So whomever the next starting QB is after Dalton (whenever that may be) will have a honeymoon period. Throwing for 130 yards will be enough to appease the fan base for awhile because he simply won't be Andy Dalton. That's honestly just sad to me.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism or doesn't make mistakes. I'm just saying he deserves much better than half his fan base.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - muskiesfan - 12-19-2018, 11:41 AM