Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-19-2018, 12:48 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Again, let me say it for the people in the back who have a hard time understanding. Do I think Driskel gives this team the best chance to win the most games next year? No. Do I think his physical tools warrant a chance to see what he might be able to develop into? Yes. This team IS NOT GOING TO WIN NEXT YEAR regardless of who is under center. Driskel is an unknown, and anyone who says otherwise after the kid has made 3 starts is delusional.

I do not want to see another year of average Andy. We know what he is after 8 years. The fact that he's a good guy has nothing to do with anything. The ONLY thing players are measured by is performance. With Dalton this is likely a 6-win team next year. Without him maybe they win 4 games, maybe they win a few more. What's the difference?

I would also be extremely hesitant to pay the price of a 1st round QB and then put him behind this offensive line. That's a recipe for disaster making that kind of investment in a QB and putting him in that situation. More reason to let Driskel play if you move on from Dalton. At least with Drisel's athleticism, they can design an offense to make use of his mobility and running ability to try to keep defenses honest.

You are absolutely delusional.  Let me say it again for you since you seem to have a hard time understanding.  Dalton and Green carried a Marvin Lewis led team to the playoffs 5 years in a row. The "problems" Dalton and co have in the playoffs and big games, preceded them.  The common denominator here is mediocre Marv, not "average Andy". Let's see the core of this team have a chance under a competent coaching staff before we start a complete rebuild.  This team, with a historically bad defense, still got off to a 4-1 start with Dalton under center this year. Can't win more than 6 games next year?  Are you kidding. You said it yourself, the line is a joke.  Get some linemen, competent coaches, and see what happens before we re-build.  Driskell shouldn't be on an NFL roster, let alone starting.  I'm beginning to think this HAS to be a troll account.
:andy:
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - WhoDeyandtheBlowFish - 12-19-2018, 01:50 PM