Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-18-2018, 12:30 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Still BS.  

"My logic is only wrong half the time, so that means it is still valid. Derp."

BTW if you just look at the last 4 seasons with no playoff games Dalton ranked in the top half of the league half of the time. (2 of 4)

Daltons qb rating in the playoffs has averaged around 55. There is no way that all of that is due to him playing defenses that are as good as the 85 bears. A small amount possibly. 

You do know he played the same teams in the playoffs during the regular season 3 out of 4 times. 

Should I add 10 ratings points for all games played against playoffs teams both during the season and playoffs?

What about all the other qb's? Should I add 10 ratings points for all games played against playoff teams during the season and playoffs? 

I'll bet there's several qb's that faced more top 10 defenses , whose own team never made the playoffs, than Dalton did in each of the 4 years he made the playoffs. should all the hard done by qb's get a ratings boost ?

You get yourself into a mess when you start using that kind of rating boost to compensate for harder defenses in the playoffs

Just adding the playoff games and regular season ratings into one rating is the simplest, easiest and most fair way to do it. 

QB RANKINGS SEASON AND PLAYOFF GAMES COMBINED

1 EXCELLENT SEASON  2   NO PLAYOFF GAMES

4 AVERAGE SEASONS 15 17 17 17  TWO PLAYOFF GAMES

3 BELOW AVERAGE SEASONS 25 25 22  TWO PLAYOFF GAMES

To even say Dalton is average is not true. When playoff games are included he's below average. 

Quite frankly,  they should have counted playoff games twice because they are at least twice as important as regular season games. This would have dropped his rankings even more than this.

All you do is keep changing your complaints and squeal I'm either making things up, its bias or unfair. 

Stop trying to weasel out of the argument by bringing up Dalton facing a harder defense in ONE GAME he played in the playoffs.

You believe a small thing like including a SINGLE playoff game with the seasons games is outrageously unfair, yet a huge thing like excluding basically half of the top qb's in the league is totally fair, nice logic with that.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolverine515151 - 12-20-2018, 05:08 AM