Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-18-2018, 02:05 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Look. You can't argue with his rock-solid reasoning. Dalton won't play into his late 30s because he's a QB that sits in the pocket and doesn't take many hits and has only been injured twice when he wrenched his thumb against a couple big dudes that he came into contact with. 

AJ Green will play into his late 30s because he's a WR that gets hit a hell of a lot more than a QB does and he will have missed 13 games in the last 3 seasons due to injuries.

Don't you know that QBs rarely play into their late 30s while WRs do it regularly?  Nervous

I said Dalton has a few seasons before he declines, that means around 4 seasons, That would put him at mid thirties. 

I said Green has 5 more years before he declines, that would put him mid thirties. Green is a year younger than Dalton

THAT MEANS, I CLAIMED , THEY WILL BOTH START DECLINING BY MID THIRTIES LIKE 90% OF ALL PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES

Not every athlete plays at a high level until their 40. That's an exception, not the rule.

I didn't say they would retire at that age, I said they would start to decline at that age. I never even mentioned injuries.  That being said lets look at your insane comment that Green takes more punishment. 

Green takes hits from 200 lb corners while Dalton is sacked by 300 pound defensive lineman.

HERES A STUDY BY BROWN UNIVERSITY ON WHO TAKES THE BIGGEST HITS IN FOOTBALL.

https://news.brown.edu/articles/2011/09/headblows

On average, running backs had the highest 36.1, followed by quarterbacks 34.5. I'm going to believe an internet troll or a study by Brown university with people who have phd's in medicine.

I guess you would counter argue with Dalton being exceptional at evading big hits because of his special rolling with the hits capabilities.  He's perfected the ability to roll on contact and absorbs the force better than any other qb in the history of the game.  You live in some kind of twilight zone or something.

Just because Dalton has not been injured for a lot of games doesn't mean those hits from sacks aren't taking they're toll on him; Every qb, whether it's Dalton or some other qb, feels the force of those impact's; How many games missed due to injury is not the only thing to measure how much damage a qb has taken.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolverine515151 - 12-20-2018, 05:13 AM