Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-18-2018, 03:38 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: In the last 8 years there are 61 QBs who have thrown the ball at least 500 times. 

Since you said starters and not backups, if you count 8 games per year X number of years the QB has been in the league, the qualifying QBs drops to 35 who have played the last 8 years, thrown the ball at least 500 times and have started an average of 8 games per year X number of years in the league. Dalton's rankings under those qualifications are:

Attempts - 9th of 35 that qualify
Completions - 10th of 35 that qualify
Completion%- 26th with 4 non-qualifiers ahead of him. 22nd out of 35 that qualify
Yards - 10th of 35 that qualify
Yards per attempt - 27th with 4 non-qualifiers ahead of him. 23rd out of 35 that qualify
TDs - 10th of 35 that qualify
Interceptions - 56th with 26 non-qualifiers ahead of him. 30th out of 35 that qualify
QB Rating - 24th with 1 non-qualifier ahead of him. 23rd out of 35 that qualify

So, while he is top 10 in that time in Attempts, Completions, Yards and TDs, as i said in 2013, the thing that keeps him near the bottom 3rd in rating is his lower Completion%, Yards per Attempt and number of Interceptions.

All of that just to say, Driskel is not even as "good" as Dalton has been. 

Why use all those stats when they're used inside the qb rating itself. That's just useless information. The qb rating algorithm uses all those stats and outputs a single rating.

Your numbers show Dalton 23 out of 35 in qb rating. That's below average like I've said. So your stat agrees with me that Dalton is below average, yet you claim everything I have said is unfounded and completely untrue.  

You agree with me and don't agree me. Nice one dunning krueger, very logical.  
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - wolverine515151 - 12-20-2018, 05:17 AM