Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Driskel should be starter next year
(12-24-2018, 03:53 PM)BengalChris Wrote: That is not entirely true. Andy Dalton has had AJ Green and a bunch of other decent receivers to throw to. Driskel's most reliable receivers are our two RBs. Brandon LaFell, if he were not on another team and on IR would easily be our best WR right now, by miles and miles. I really have no idea why the team and LaFell decided to part ways, he sure would have been a welcome target all year long.

All of that said, you do have a point. Driskel is not as good as Andy Dalton, but he's what we have.

I think you get what I was saying. Sure, Dalton has rarely had receivers THIS bad (save for the end of 2014), but he's dealt with terrible pass blocking for 4 years out of 8. He's never had a run game this good, save for this year and 2014. He's always had poor coaching that is stuck in a 1980's mindset offensively. 

And fwiw, Brandon LaFell is not a good WR. He has 12 catches for 135 yards this year, playing for a WR needy Raiders team. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Driskel should be starter next year - Shake n Blake - 12-24-2018, 04:29 PM