Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Season by Season breakdown of ML vs. Playoff Teams
(12-21-2018, 03:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: We didn't run the ball.  BJGE was up around 5 YPC in the 1st half if memory serves.  I've posted these numbers here and on the old board, but for some odd reason, Bennie always had success against SD after his first year in NE where he wasn't a featured back.  If you take out the first year or two, when he was a benchwarmer, his CAREER YPC against SD was around 5 YPC, he had just abused them two weeks earlier in their own house, was running well against them in the 1st half of that game, and after the 2nd turnover, they panicked and forgot he was on the team.

This was the moment, for me, that really solidified the issues as a coaching problem.  

Right on !

How many times have we seen this team up and totally abandon the run when the lights are the brightest ? Hell this season there's examples. Mixon 11 carries, 12 carries, and we were still very in the game and we were having some success.  It's like we panic when there's no need and then play with little urgency when it's totally called for.

(12-21-2018, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, this was inexcusable, we were the better team that just beat the Chargers in their place two weeks prior we
are up at Halftime and go away from what made us the better team, the run game and particularly BJGE who as
you note always ran well against the Chargers.

I agree, felt the same exact way as you Wyche after watching that debacle. Meltdown city and it was on the
coaches from Marv on down to Jay.

We totally should have beat the Chargers that season, such a waste of a decent team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Season by Season breakdown of ML vs. Playoff Teams - bengalfan74 - 12-21-2018, 04:25 PM