Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-02-2019, 12:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Granted, he was a player in "the lost decade" but I always liked him.  He was a stalwart on special teams and always played tough. I love the creativity they use in KC, and how they never seem to take their foot off the gas.  

My hope would be he would bring on a DC that has a similar, aggressive mentality.  It is time to start throwing punches instead of always ducking and running.  That is the ONLY way this team will become remotely interesting again.  I mean, they are my team...and I think they are barely watchable.  Boring, conservative, stupid...

Players like Eric Bieniemy and Jay Gruden go to show you that the best players don't always make great coaches and the not-so-great players can definitely become good coaches.

I think it speaks volumes that Bieniemy played in the NFL during a time that was much more smashmouth than it is now but he's been able to adapt very well going from a player to a coordinator.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday - ochocincos - 01-02-2019, 12:09 PM