Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-02-2019, 12:09 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Players like Eric Bieniemy and Jay Gruden go to show you that the best players don't always make great coaches and the not-so-great players can definitely become good coaches.

I think it speaks volumes that Bieniemy played in the NFL during a time that was much more smashmouth than it is now but he's been able to adapt very well going from a player to a coordinator.

Sleeping with Bieniemy was a far better player than Jay Gruden ever was. Eric had almost 5,000 all-purpose yards in the NFL, while Jay topped out as a practice squad player. Eric was actually one of my favorite players in the 90's. Had 805 yards (rushing/receiving) as our 3rd down back in 1995. Overall, he played 4 years for us, with almost 2,000 yards rushing/receiving in that time.

Think of him as a Gio type of player, although he didn't always get as much usage as Gio does (never understood why...he was gold when we used him).

(01-02-2019, 12:25 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I was unaware he turned down an interview with AZ.  Makes me slightly more optimistic, but that's a low bar when it comes to this organization.

Real question is how will he react to the owner's daughter sliding an offer letter across the desk with performance incentives up to, but not to exceed a mariemont coupon booklet.

He should be used to it as a guy who played for the 90's Bengals. Heck, Mike Brown was even worse back then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday - Shake n Blake - 01-02-2019, 01:34 PM