Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-02-2019, 12:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: I'll pass on the over aggressive defense. That is when you end up with a Rob Ryan or Greg Williams (contrary to what people believe his defense in Cleveland wasn't good this year). Indy is winning this year with an old school Tampa 2 defense, which is the definition of bend but don't break. 

Indy may be winning, but if you look at the blitz % of the NFL playoff teams, it is almost certainly all higher than those of the Bengals.

And I know I will likely get hammered for this, but as far as getting the most out of your players, from an energy and attitude standpoint, I think the defense by France where you run the other way with your hands in the air isn't worth a crap.  There were MANY games this season where over a stretch of four drives the Bengals gave up TDs on each possession.  They didn't even have to take the field.  The same thing would have happened.  

Give me aggressive.  Try to make the opposing QB uncomfortable.  Contest EVERY pass, even the dump offs.  Run blitz on early downs.  I want more aggressive.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday - SHRacerX - 01-03-2019, 10:20 AM