Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday
(01-04-2019, 01:29 PM)Whatever Wrote: However, one thing that makes you pump the brakes a bit is Bienemy was twice passed over for the Chiefs OC position, first by Pederson, then by Nagy. 

Until you realize the offense this year is better than it's ever been in KC. First place in both yards and points. I know this year was the year of Mahomes, but Bieniemy must be doing something right.

What I'm really starting to get concerned with is why people are being so critical of this guy. They are trying to nitpick every single little thing he has and hasn't done. Are the alternatives really any better? What about the alternatives would give you more confidence over Bieniemy?
Vance Joseph - Wasn't elite as a DC in Miami, bad as HC in Denver
Bill Lazor - Offense started hot but really took a nosedive after Green and Eifert went down. Shouldn't we be worried about his ability to adjust in games?
Todd Monken - He did well with the Bucs as OC but he was not good as a HC in college, going 13-25 at Southern Miss.
Zac Taylor - Currently QB coach with Rams but wasn't QB coach in 2017, he was assistant WR coach. So he can't really be labeled as the QB whisperer for Jared Goff since Goff broke out in 2017, not 2018.
Shane Waldron - Currently TE coach with Rams, but they haven't gotten good production out of their TEs, have they? He's also their pass game coordinator, but the Rams' offense is driven arguably through Todd Gurley.
Darrin Simmons - Been good as ST coach with Cincinnati but I don't think anyone would get excited about seeing a ST coach become the HC. Not that it'd be the wrong move, but it would be a letdown for many of the fans.

See? Anyone can nitpick any of these candidates.

And I'd personally be stoked for Bieniemy to come to Cincinnati. He's been a RB coach and OC his whole coaching career. Given we want to see an emphasis on the running game, wouldn't Bieniemy be a perfect fit to man the helm? I don't really see him being any worse option than the rest of the guys listed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Eric Bieniemy set to interview with Bengals Friday - ochocincos - 01-04-2019, 01:41 PM