Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
(01-02-2019, 12:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Your selections of Malone, Redmond, and Burfict were some of mine as well.
I also was disappointed in Willis. I had him as a darkhorse after a full offseason and strong preseason. I think he bulked up too much and it affected him in a negative way (think ascended Super Saiyan).
Last, I was disappointed that Westerman didn't become a starter, but I don't think it was anything he did or didn't do well in games in particular. I still think he deserves a shot to start somewhere on the interior of this OL.

EDIT - Price disappointed me too. He wasn't my favorite C prospect but I thought he still would have been (much) better than he has to this point. I'm no longer able to watch Bengals games on local TV since early October nor do I pay for Sunday Ticket, so I haven't been able to watch that much of him in particular. I've been mainly going off what I've seen reported online and what games I have been able to catch on TV without the ability to rewind.
Start with the GOOD.  Mixon and Boyd  improved ,did well.    Bates was great for a rookie S.  Otherwise?  Not so hot.   Andy and AJ did well.. when Healthy, Bolling has been solid. I LIKE Vontaz but, like in college he's been out of control, penalties and he's about hit the limit on concussions. Brown + Vigil missed MUCH of the year. Kirkpatrick is okay, but NOT earning his $. Dennard, okay, Jackson good but faded late season.   Eifort?    will he EVER stay healthy? Kroft had a  opportunity.. injured, so the "no Name TE's" did rather well. Hubbard did great, Willis? I expected more, Lawson, another injured guy.
Price ... okay but injury interupted his progress. ced Og , J Fisher, Westerman.. never got a real look. Odd?

Ross?   C'mon.  Nobody GETS how the FAST guy ought to go deep?   The times he was USED, it was the stuff ERICKSON thrives at. Erickson earned more role.   Hart? not AWFUL but not very good and PENALTIES.

O-line and LB will be draft/FA priorities.   We need players who can last the season. Geno and Dunlap never  went down or burned out.  In general.....we HAD a potential playoff roster , then NOTHING much went well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What player was your biggest disappointment this year. - redwood - 01-03-2019, 10:28 PM