Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What player was your biggest disappointment this year.
(01-04-2019, 02:27 AM)impactplaya Wrote: in this day and age teams are built around great qbs  not great RBs. Welcome to the current state of affairs in the NFL.
but that doesnt diminish how GREAT he can become in time.
Mixon was constantly facing a extra defender in the box. much like Corey Dillon in the Akili era.
to win a rushing title especially when you HAVE KNEE SURGERY and your starting QB misses 6 games.
put Mixon behind the Steelers or Rams oline and tell me how many yds he gets.
oh BTW very average stalk blocking from his WRs not named AJ Green either.
Mixon many times had to make a man miss the backfield just to get 0 yds out of the play.
one more thing to consider. 
the Bengals ran of outside zones this year.
this is a man on man oline. not a zone blocking oline.

Non of what you said proves that Mixon deserves the hype that the NPCs of this board give him.

I noticed Mixon dancing in the backfield while in college.  Him shying away from contact.  Then the video comes out.  After that video a very telling comment from Mixon.

"I was afraid for my life" as to why he hit a 5' nothing 19 year old teenage woman.  That tells me he is soft. 

We draft him, and he plays just like he did in college and has proven that he is as soft as I expected him to be.

You saying that if we had a better line then Mixon would be better.  Fine I can agree with that.  However that doesn't mean Mixon is any good, that just means that we have a good OLine and any RB in the league would be better. 

We could get just about any RB to do what Mixon did.  As many times that he had the ball fed to him he SHOULD have won the rushing title, he should have actually won the NFL rushing title.  He didn't and just like the NPCs with Green, everyone is giving Mixon a pass by blaming something else.  Instead of Dalton for Green, it is the OLine.

Now before people try and claim that I make excuses for Dalton, I don't.  I am just analyzing the play of the players without the noise of the pundits.  Dalton could play better, no doubt.  Throw the ball earlier, make the decision to keep it and run earlier, and yes even spread the ball around better.  However I have seen Dalton throw the ball and hit his target right in the hands and the target drops the pass or it bounces up and is INT.  The pundits put this all on Dalton, the NPCs repeat.  Then when the QB is Wentz and the same things happen, the pundits put it on everyone else and the NPCs repeat that as well.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What player was your biggest disappointment this year. - YsCascadia - 01-04-2019, 11:27 AM