Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC
(01-14-2019, 05:08 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Even taking Ross out of the equation and giving that AJ and Boyd are good to go, I'm just looking at the consistent lack of production from Core and Malone. Erickson can at least catch the ball. I see no improvement in Malone or Core.

Malone was getting great reviews during training camp and even caught a few TDs in preseason if I remember correctly. He and Boyd were the reasons why the Bengals were confident to cut LaFell. Then he had that freakish INT happen against the Panthers and suddenly he was mysteriously out with a "hamstring injury" for 2 months. Even when he was finally off the injury report, he was a healthy scratch for 3 games then finally saw the field against Pittsburgh where Driskel couldn't do anything. I fear that was a case of Marvin's doghouse. He wasn't even given a chance to redeem himself yet Core was allowed to drop crucial balls in divisional games without losing his spot.

And as much as we shit on Core, he's a 6th round receiver at the end of the day and is purely a special teams guy. Any production we get out of him is a blessing.

Hell, it even took Lazor like 12 games to put Erickson in the slot instead of using him like John Ross on the outside.

I'll just say look at the Rams as soon as Kupp went out. They had guys like Josh Reynolds stepping up and he was a 4th round receiver. That's just better coaching and I think Taylor can bring that here. Malone, Erickson and maybe even Core could see a jump. I also think we'll draft a receiver in round 3 or 4 too.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor interested in ex-Seahawks OC - Whodey614 - 01-15-2019, 01:05 PM