Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-13-2019, 04:55 PM)Whodey614 Wrote: How many times did the Chiefs try to tailor their offense around Alex Smith's strengths before they realized that he just wasn't the guy? Then they got lucky and took a guy that catapulted the offense to levels they couldn't have imagined. I'm not saying that would happen if the Bengals took Haskins, Murray, Lock, etc but are we gonna be replacing the scheme every year hoping that it will finally be the one that'll turn Dalton into an amazing QB?? This will be his 5th OC in 9 years.

I'm fine with Dalton being the starter cause I don't expect the Bengals to pick a QB and Dalton is a very capable QB but every offseason we have this discussion trying to revive 2015 Dalton.. while the OL is still a mess, the "weapons" are either underperforming (Ross) or being used incorrectly (Ross, Mixon at times), injuries taking a toll (Eifert, AJ). Elite QBs are capable of surviving without their top targets while Dalton without AJ is terrible. Dalton is not elite, everything around him has to absolutely be perfect and you're not going to be perfect at every spot. And then you have the Bengals, who almost had a perfect team in 2015 and they allowed half of the core to leave in 2 years.

That is a great point. And the same applies to Alex Smith in SF too because the 49ers replaced Smith when that team was Super Bowl caliber.

The Bengals likely would have never considered replacing Dalton for the same reason they kept Marvin: Fear of regressing. And we sure could do worse at QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019 - THE PISTONS - 01-13-2019, 04:57 PM