Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-13-2019, 03:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yep, he will be here at least a few more years. I like Dalton. He's not Drew Brees, but he's not Blake Bortles either. If the Ravens can win a SB with Flacco, we can win one with Dalton. He's really not as bad as some say. He still has periods where he throws a little too high but I think him working with Van Pelt has helped his game. Hopefully another year working with him can improve some more. Plus, he's salary friendly. Opens up money for other position upgrades.

QB’s of Dalton’s caliber rarely win Super Bowls. Flacco got one, but played way better than Dalton ever has in the postseason. Ditto for Nick Foles. Dilfer won one with an All Time defense. Doug Williams won one as well. Did Hostetler win one? Who else has a ring that is comparable to Andy? Brad Johnson?

The Bengals have a serviceable QB, but do not have a dominant defense. Serviceable QB’s rarely get you titles. I’m not saying draft a QB with the 1st pick, but really, do we really expect a title with Andy under center? He’s shit the bed in epic fashion every game he’s played in the postseason. We’re going on 8 years in to the Andy experiment. Hoping for incremental improvement under Van Pelt seems like a lottery ticket long shot. Andy is decent, and is on a team-friendly contract, but the goal should be Lombardi trophies, not lining Mike Brown’s pockets. As evidenced by the other QB’s I mentioned above, the team will need a dominant defense with HoF talent to prop up a serviceable QB. The Ravens, Giants, Skins, and Buce had that. The Bengals aren’t there. It’s just hard to see how keeping Andy nets the team a shot at a title.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019 - t3r3e3 - 01-14-2019, 01:16 PM