Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-13-2019, 03:04 PM)TrevBengal Wrote: Once they jettison Tez, Dalton, Huber and Glenn

That's a lot of money to rebuild the team with new OL, LB and a upgrade at QB via the draft

Dee Ford
CJ Mosely
Frank Clark

Daryl Williams
JuWuan James

Sheldon Richardson

Lot of players out there this money can go to, and also extend Boyd.

Draft: QB, OG, TE, LB top needs.

This team is going to be fun to watch once we have fully flipped the mediocre re-treads

Glenn is one of only four OL (five if you could Taylor) that is still under contract with the Bengals. The others are Boling, Westerman, and Price.
The Bengals (very likely) will not remove Glenn and essentially only go with their emergency OT in Boling, and then get that many new OTs.
Why the desire to remove Huber? His cap number is only $2.75 mill for 2019 and he's still good. I'd rather jettison Randy Bullock.
Dalton would free up a ton of cap space but they would need to get a good replacement. In FA, Bridgewater may be the best option. In the draft, there MIGHT be someone but I don't really see any safe draft picks. They all have risks and/or question marks.
All for removing Burfict at this point.

What I don't understand...why pick up both Ja'Wuan James and Daryl Williams? They are both RTs. The only way this makes sense is if Boling moves to LT and Westerman to LG. But then you still would have one of those FA OT's be a backup, which I'm not sure either wants to do. I'd expect it'd cost over $12 mill a year to bring in both.

And you are out of your mind if you think the Bengals are going to bring in CJ Mosley, Dee Ford, AND Frank Clark. Those 3 right there will probably cost in the range of $40+ mill a year.
Richardson might still go for $7-8 mill a year. He got $8 for one year in MIN.

Bringing in just one of those two OTs you mentioned and CJ Mosley would already be a huge upgrade, and I don't think it's realistic to expect more than that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019 - ochocincos - 01-14-2019, 03:22 PM