Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-17-2019, 08:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can't be more fair than saying Trent is a better QB than Dan Marino ever was.

Hilarious 

The fact is that, looking forward like we are now, people don't judge a player's ability to win a championship based solely on how many championships he has already won.  Early in his career Flacco played much worse in the postseason than Dalton, but Joe had a defense and run game to win games for him.  Then despite playing poorly in the past Flacco played very well one year and won it all.  Dalton's post season numbers are even better than Boomer's in 88, but because Boomer had the number one rushing game in the league he made it to the Super Bowl and is worshipped as a "winner".

No one can ever win the big game until he does.  Ken Anderson had zero playoff wins through the first 9 seasons of his career.  Based on your logic it was impossible for him to take us to the Super Bowl.  I lived in Denver in the early 90's.  Back then it was impossible for Elway to win a Super Bowl.  And if you had been a Ravens fan you would have sworn that Flacco's horrible post season nubers proved that he would nevert take them to the Super Bowl.

We have seen Dalton play on an elite level, and we have seen him beat the best in the game head to head.  He has what it takes.  He just needs to put it together in the playoffs.  I'll take that over someone who has not proven anything.

I don't see the connection between what I said and what you are talking about at all.

Why keep bringing up QBs who are vastly better careers than Dalton. Only further amplifies what I was saying. Just win baby!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019 - BengalChris - 01-17-2019, 08:27 PM