Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
$87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019
(01-17-2019, 08:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Sorry all those words confused you.  Allow me to simplify

See this is because Dilfer won a Super Bowl and Marino never did.  

Get it now?

If playing poorly in playoffs proves a QB can not win a championship then Flacco's play early in his year proved that he could never win a championship.  Yet he did win a championship.

No, doesn't make any sense at all. This is about Dalton and whether or not is he a SB caliber QB. I merely gave his stats in the playoffs and you start comparing him to a guy went to a SB. You compared Flacco and Dalton as if somehow it proved something. I merely pointed out that Flacco won (10 playoff wins to 5 losses) while Dalton didn't (0 playoff wins to 4 losses) and that winners get the prize and winning is what it's all about.

You suddenly start comparing other QBs to other QBs, which has nothing to do with anything, except to prove my point. We are comparing to Dalton here and this is about whether or not Dalton is a SB caliber QB.

Marino compared to Dalton: Marino has 8 playoff wins to Dalton's 0, and he did take Miami to a SB. Marino is a winner. When he retired he held almost every passing record in the books, including 5 passing titles, 

Dilfer compared to Dalton: Dilfer had 5 playoff wins and 1 loss, compared to Dalton's 0 playoff wins and 4 losses. Again, he's a winner.

You bring up Ken Anderson, so let's compare: Anderson 2 playoff wins and 4 losses. Took Bengals to SB. Also won league MVP and 2 passing title. Compared to Dalton? Don't compare so well do they?

No matter how you compare any of these guys to Dalton it's going to come down to same thing: They won when it mattered most and Dalton no so much.

You brought all these guys up, not me. You say Dalton's stats show he's a SB caliber QB and I say they show he isn't. Doesn't mean he can't develop into one, but he's not a SB caliber QB until he is one. Until then, he's not.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: $87,656,000 in Cap Space for 2019 - BengalChris - 01-17-2019, 10:54 PM