Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting two takes reviewing 2018 class
(01-14-2019, 07:46 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We are talking about rookies. You need to check your expectations about what kids, playing against men for the first time, can do in their first year. Not I or Hobs or Kat said these guys are perfect and on their way to the HOF.

My 3 reasons were to show there is hope for Price, even though he struggled at times. I have no doubt he has the ability to play Oline in the NFL, might have to move to OG if he can’t handle the snapping though. I don’t put Ced in that category, he does not have what it takes to play in the NFL. Price gave up 1 sack and 1 QB hit in 10 games played, Ced can’t do that in one series.

As for Jefferson, wth is wrong with saying he has the talent to be a starter if he gets better? That’s true for a lot of young guys with talent, like Evans who was a guy with a lot of talent, who became a starter in his second season. Jefferson was/is a known raw project, that’s why we got him in the 3rd round.

Hubbard has flaws in his game? I’m shocked. He’s already showed more playmaking ability in zero games started than MJ and Willis combined, so yeah, I feel pretty confident he’ll be starting next to Atkins next season.

There are 6 rookie Pro Bowlers this year. (With a potential for more as alternates get in.)
12 players from the 2017 draft class have been Pro Bowlers.
18 players from the 2016 draft class have been Pro Bowlers.
17 players from the 2015 draft class have been Pro Bowlers.
30 players from the 2014 draft class have been Pro Bowlers.

That's 83 Pro Bowlers drafted in the last 5 years.

The Bengals haven't drafted a Pro Bowler since 2013.

At some point there needs to be expectations rather than excuse making if you ever want to not suck.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting two takes reviewing 2018 class - TheLeonardLeap - 01-14-2019, 09:50 PM