Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Ryan Tannehill to the Bengals is the KEY move - How would you respond ?
I honestly don't that believe the plan is for Tannehill to be the "guy". More like the bridge to the next franchise QB.

Let's say the Bengals trade Andy to Washington for a 2nd and 3rd round pick. They might get more for Andy, but I'll be safe in my prediction. Then they acquire Tannehill from the Dolphins. Yes, there is a small amount of drop off from Dalton but I don't believe it will be significant. Tannehill has his problems, but he never had a duo like AJ Green/Tyler Boyd to throw to.

Then with the 11th overall pick you can do one of two things: Stay put and draft Devin White/whoever falls or use those extra picks to help you move up and take a QB. Let him sit behind Tannehill for a year.

If you stay put and draft Devin White at 11 then you can focus on O-line in the second round. Those two picks can land the Bengals a new shiny right tackle and guard. If they really want to get creative they can even move back into the first round with those picks.

If the Bengals take a QB in this years draft then Tannehill will be the starter for a year. Maybe. We've seen plenty rookies leapfrog veteran players by mid season.

It all really depends on how you think the Bengals should go about the QB situation. Stick with Andy for the next two years or let the new coach find a way to draft his guy? There is a solid chance Taylor will want his own QB.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Ryan Tannehill to the Bengals is the KEY move - How would you respond ? - MentalRage - 01-18-2019, 10:57 AM