Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OMG! It's the Steelers defense in action!
(09-11-2015, 11:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: First TD was a botched cover.  Brady saw the Steelers weren't ready and snapped it quick.

Second was the Steelers stubbornly refusing to even try to hit Gronk at the line.

When I was a freshman going out for football I was shorter and fat and had never lifted a weight but I could get in under the senior linemen's legs and make a mess of the line of scrimmage.  Why a professional can't figure out to just go in from the snap and occupy him for a few seconds to throw any timing off is beyond me.

"I don't care how you do it!  Tell him a story, spit in his ear, just keep him off my ass!"
Either way Gronk is a tough matchup. He's faster than most LBs and a lot bigger than most DBs.  It's tough to jam at the line. That skill goes both ways. There are only a few defensive players that are really good at it. And on the other side of the ball players are taught different techniques and positioning to get off the line. Some players are really good at that. Gronk is one of them.

Patriots are King of the short passing game. And the only way to beat that is to have DBs that can press and play man and have safeties playing closer to the line.
Easier said than done though.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: OMG! It's the Steelers defense in action! - Bmoreblitz - 09-11-2015, 12:07 PM