Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How people react to being called beautiful
I agree somewhat.  I watched the video and of course when someone says, "We are taking your picture because you are beautiful," many will smile. I probably would have as well thinking it was a joke, haha.  I wonder how many didn't smile for the camera and were edited out.  I think it is better to compliment people on other things aside from their outward appearance.   Instead compliment them on who they seem to be on the inside, their personalities and such.

For example when I go to the grocery store there is a cashier that I wait in line for even if it is longer than the others.  She is always very friendly and does a great job.  I always greet her by name and remind her she is my favorite cashier.  It makes her smile every time.  I'm not attracted to her by any means and in fact I'm not even available.  :). But she seems to appreciate that I recognize her.

From experience I know that jobs like hers are often thankless and they have to deal with shitty people often.  So a kind word and a bit of appreciation for what they do goes a long way. I have also contacted the store and told them I appreciate how friendly she is and the good job she is doing.  Hopefully it pays off for her if she is considered for promotion or if she decides to move on to another job in the form of recommendations.

In my opinion there are better ways to compliment people instead of one based on their appearance.  If you appreciate what they do and who they are then acknowledge that.  

tl;dr. I think almost everyone would appreciate compliments more if it is recognized for who they are and what they do (and what they are passionate about) instead of what they look like.

Just be nice to people. When someone does something you appreciate, no matter how small, tell them. That goes a long way. Much further than complimenting what they look like. So if you can take an extra second to make someone smile as you stated, I agree, do it. Do it everyday and often. Just don't limit complements to appearance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How people react to being called beautiful - George Cantstandya - 01-25-2019, 04:23 PM