Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled
(01-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just can't see that happening.  

This team is literally depleted of blockers and tacklers.  We have exactly one (1) offensive tackle under contract, and I'm not even sold on the guy.  We have one (1) starter worthy LB under contract in Nick Vigil, I'm not counting Burfict as we all know his story.  The rest of the LB corps is just backups and scrubs.  

For a team is such serious need of blockers and tacklers, to make a bold move like "trading up for a QB", would be the ultimate roster killer.  The only way they would even be able to field a team is by breaking the bank in free agency, and signing a ton of scrubs from UDFA and late round picks that rarely pan out.

They could if they traded a valued player. 

For example, Dalton, for realistic picks and shuffling their 1st pick position. 

Not multiple 1st rounders or anything...  but enough to move up with out giving away a bunch of picks.

They could pick Haskins and sign a bridge starting QB or possible strong backup(Fitzpatrick?)and still save some dollars for other FAs.

I don't want this to happen.  I'm only stating it can be done while filling the other positions of need.

If they wanted to move on from Dalton this is a viable yet unpopular scenario.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled - BengalsRocker - 02-03-2019, 02:54 PM