Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For All You Guys Hating On Whit
(02-01-2019, 03:44 PM)3wt Wrote: Agreed.   Drafting eventual replacements for Whit was the right idea - but they drafted two big time losers and could have had two good players, including Whit's current bookend.  They could have been bookends here.

It's the fact that we so badly assessed Whit's level of play, low balled a great player and great guy, then went on to badly assess the available candidates.

We'll never know what happened in the war room those two days, but I have to believe Alexander was the sole reason we drafted those two players.

So absolutely nothing can be laid at the feet of Whit.   He was disrespected by a team that did not have their crap together.

It's all on them not Whit

Still has me enraged.  They totally laid the groundwork for three failed years in a row.  More than coaches' heads should have rolled.

I disagree, we had drafted two lineman to replace him in 2015, Whit had already mentioned possible retirement, etc... we had other needs and contracts of younger players for the future to lock up.. now way am i signing him to a 3 year contract.. we had been very supportive of him with previous contracts..., we offered him a reasonable 1 year contract.. no one can predict the future.. most teams get in trouble holding on to veterans even good ones too long, they can slip very quick.. lineman are not made to play that long.  If our draft picks work out we are not even talking about Whit.. if one of the worst miss calls in NFL playoffs does not happen we still are not talking about Whit.. Great for him.. but I was fine with the plan .. the players did not work out .... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: For All You Guys Hating On Whit - McC - 01-31-2019, 09:45 PM
RE: For All You Guys Hating On Whit - J24 - 01-31-2019, 11:36 PM
RE: For All You Guys Hating On Whit - 3wt - 02-01-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: For All You Guys Hating On Whit - McC - 02-01-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: For All You Guys Hating On Whit - Essex Johnson - 02-01-2019, 10:49 PM
For All You Guys Hating On Whit - Storer50 - 02-04-2019, 01:41 AM