Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super bowl LIII: Patriots vs Rams Game Day Thread
(02-04-2019, 12:29 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: So they're showing those commercials to order your official Pats SB gear, and it just makes me wonder:  if you're a Pats fan, what does this win mean to you?  How much does it resonate?  I mean, sure, it beats losing the SB, but, when you've now averaged a SB win every three years - every third year for 18 years you get a Lombardi - what does it even mean anymore?  Are you numb to it at this point?  Do you just expect it like you expect to wake up each morning?  I can't even begin to wrap my mind around it.

The reason it never gets old is that each season is a whole new journey that is a lifetime all its own.  By the time the SB rolls around, the joy is still there.

And, maybe even more importantly, the Pats have lost some of those SB's, so none of them is ever a given.  And the ten points they won by tonight was the biggest margin of victory, so they usually don't get decided until the end.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Super bowl LIII: Patriots vs Rams Game Day Thread - McC - 02-04-2019, 12:35 AM