Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week
(02-08-2019, 01:45 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think these cats have more experience than the average bear at their age. Brian Callahan is the son of a former NFL head coach. One that went to the Super Bowl. He was in a Jon Gruden QB meeting at the age of 14. He's been in and around the NFL his whole life. Zac Taylor has had a very similar path. These are not your average young coaches. I think people are losing sight of this. He also got a late start due to a silly rule. This may be a one year rental with an eye toward adding more experience as it's available.

RELAX. 

I was 27 years old when I got my first real management job. Over 90% of the people under me were my senior. Some were almost 40 years older than me. Communication and listening were key for me, and I had been around the industry my whole life. My dad and grandfather were in it. These guys seem to at least grasp that concept

Zac has a go to for advice in his father in law, Mike Sherman.  I think that if the Bengals feel he needs a veteran DC with HC experience to babysit him, he shouldn't have gotten the job in the first place.  

The veteran former HC DC could be a curse just as much as it could be a blessing.  It worked great in LA, but we don't really know how much McVay had to go to Phillips for advice.  Wade also had to do a good deal of pride swallowing to take that job under a HC so young.  Guys like Del Rio and Capers might not be willing to do that.  While I think he's a good DC, I could definitely see Del Rio coming in with a chip on his shoulder thinking "that HC job should be mine."  Then you can wind up with your young HC looking over his shoulder and coaching not to lose his job instead of coaching to win games.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week - Whatever - 02-08-2019, 10:29 PM