Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week
In the world of people who are good at "getting things accomplished", one of the keys to success is for the leader to surround himself with likeminded individuals who will commit to the plans laid before them and work diligently toward executing said plans. It's been stated by another poster that Coach Taylor is simply hiring a bunch of "yes" men, and placing more emphasis on prior relationships than on recorded success at their positions.

I don't agree with that, at all. I feel that for a first time HC to have success, having an already established relationship with his assistants is KEY toward getting off to a good start. Already having a working relationship in place eliminates wasting time having to "get a feel" for each other, as well as vastly decreases the likelihood of potential conflicts of ideas in how plans should be carried out.

As a fan of the Bengals, sure, I would have loved to seen a proven, experience DC like Jack Del Rio jump on board. However, the chemistry must not have been there when they met and interviewed. What good would it have done for JDR to come in, and have some philosophical differences on X's and O's, or personalities that didn't mesh well together that might impede effective communication? Also, as a Bengal fan, I want to see the new HC have the path of least resistance, when it comes to improving the team on the field. If Aubrey Pleasant turns out to be the DC candidate that Coach Taylor feels most comfortable with for the job, then I'll support him 100% in his decision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week - SunsetBengal - 02-09-2019, 12:28 PM