Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week
(02-09-2019, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It cracks me up to see people ready to bail on Taylor already, and we are still months away from Training Camp, let alone the 1st game..... Sad

Bengals fan PTSD. Seriously though, Pleasant is viewed much the same way as Vance Joseph was a few years ago, and Vance was a message board darling. People loved that guy. On paper, Pleasant would be a great hire. He spent 6 years with McVay, he's highly regarded, he's a fiery coach and was rumored to be the Rams' DC in waiting behind Wade Phillips.

I value experience, but I'd rather have a good candidate than a washed up guy like Capers just because one has experience. Either way, Taylor does have a former HC for a father-in-law...and I'm sure he'll hear plenty from Mike Sherman. You also have Darrin Simmons, who has been around for 16 years and interviewed for the HC gig himself. 

In short, I get wanting experience, but I don't get giving up on Taylor because we didn't get an experienced DC. Overreaction city.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aubrey Pleasant officially set to interview this week - Shake n Blake - 02-09-2019, 02:42 PM