Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Free Agent LBs (according to PFF)
Reading what Hobson is saying on the mothership, it almost looks like they don't even see the linebacker position as a big priority (astoundingly). Somebody asked if he thought they'd go for White, and he basically said that DT, OT (which I agree with), and TE are all bigger priorities than linebacker.

As to free agents, he basically said they'd like to perhaps get somebody better than the Brown/Dansby/Minter typical Bengals linebacker signing, but not anyone available in the first wave.. No shit, Sherlock. Most of the time when the team signs their obligatory free agent LB, we all spend a few weeks convincing ourselves that they're a step better than AJ Hawk or Kevin Minter or Karlos Dansby. Then we're proven to be wrong.

I hope I'm wrong, as sometimes Hobson seems to miss (albeit not by much) on his FA predictions, but it seems that this team doesn't really feel like there's a big need for better talent when it comes to improving. If they did, they'd adjust their method and either get serious about drafting a young LB with a high pick or they'd spend some cash on a legit free agent in the top tier. Neither seem overly likely at this point.

If this team jacks their little weenuses in FA like they normally do and don't give the new staff a legit chance to bring in better players, then they are dead in the water. Way too many talent gaps here to think they can be passive and become much more than what they were last year.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Top 10 Free Agent LBs (according to PFF) - samhain - 03-07-2019, 04:51 PM