Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking at all the new NFL HC hires
(02-12-2019, 07:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I keep seeing Taylor ranked low for his inexperience, yet Flores getting ranked highly when he's essentially the defensive version of Taylor. A young position coach from a successful team that is getting his first crack at a HC gig. Looking over all of the new hires, I can objectively say that Taylor was one of my favorite names on the list, despite the lack of experience:

Vic Fangio - Good DC, but didn't get his first shot til he was 60 years old
Bruce Arians - Love Arians, but he's 66 and doesn't he have health issues? Is he fully invested in coaching?
Kliff Kingsbury - Yuck
Freddie Kitchens - He's essentially a 44 year old version of Taylor. Only coordinating experience was as an intern last year.
Adam Gase - Yuck
Matt LaFleur - His year with the Titans removed a lot of the luster from his name
Brian Flores - Essentially the defensive version of Taylor. He also hired a DC with 0 experience and a 38 year old OC with 4 years experience
Zac Taylor

Sounds like the typical "Bengals Handicap" we usually deal with in the media.  If Taylor had gone to the Dolphins and Flores had come here, people would be praising Taylor and ignoring Flores.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking at all the new NFL HC hires - Earendil - 02-13-2019, 12:44 PM