Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-17-2019, 01:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yep.  I'm thinking of either just stating before or after my presentation that all suicides are different and not all can be considered taking the easy way out, or just bending over and letting them rewrite my presentation but only using that copy for when I present through them.  

I'd feel like such a sell-out, though, but I guess sometimes in life that's what has to be done.  

Brad, there's no need to feel like a "sell-out".  Times change, and so does public opinion on topics and verbiage for delivery.  As a public speaker, you need to make it your job to keep your message current;  just like a minister must freshen his sermons, so that it isn't just the same canned lines over and over, so must you keep retooling your presentation to fit the audiences that you're presenting to.  

Perhaps instead of putting the emphasis of "suicide is selfish" on the victim that took their own life, maybe you illustrate that by interviewing some suicide survivors and telling the story through their eyes.  Just as public opinion changes with the time, you must also keep your method of delivery fluid, so that your message is being received by the audience, rather than rejected.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - SunsetBengal - 02-17-2019, 06:21 PM