Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-19-2019, 10:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It would be for me.  I know they would be sad without me, but if they would be better off in the long run then I would make the sacrifice.   This is especially true with old people who are sick or feeble and no they are not going to get any better.  They know they are not going to live forever, and if they are a burden to theiir family then they may end their life to relieve loved ones of a burden.

I guess some people are just bothered more by being a burden to others.  I know it would drive me crazy.  I would feel terrible every day knowing I was holding back my loved ones.  I would not be ableto stand it.

That's a tricky one.  That's now deciding what's best for them.  your daughters for example may see the burden of taking care of you as worth having you around two or three or however more years.  Plus suicide is always going to leave a lasting impact on those you leave behind.  Including guilt.  You'd be doing it for the right reasons, but it may not be the desired outcome.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - michaelsean - 02-19-2019, 11:15 AM