Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-18-2019, 09:16 PM)BFritz21 Wrote:  Show me one instance where a family is glad that their loved one killed themself because it lessened their burden and then show me some evidence that it's more common than the loved ones being upset.

Sherry Clifton was the Grainger County Court clerk for several years when I worked there.  Her husband struggled with depression and finally killed himself about 5 years ago.  Of course she was upset at the time, but now she is re-married and happy.  She no longer has to deal with a mentally ill husband.

You may think that the world will stop spinning when you die and that your family will mourn every day for the rest of their lives, but that is not how it works.  People move on.  They still miss deceased loved ones, but they keep on living their lives and find happiness.

As I said before there are way too many teenagers who kill themselves over something other than being a burden or having clinical depression.  We need to get the message to them that suicide is not the answer.  But we can't do that just by insulting people who kill themselves.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - fredtoast - 02-19-2019, 12:29 PM