Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through
(02-19-2019, 11:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That's a tricky one.  That's now deciding what's best for them.  your daughters for example may see the burden of taking care of you as worth having you around two or three or however more years.  Plus suicide is always going to leave a lasting impact on those you leave behind.  Including guilt.  You'd be doing it for the right reasons, but it may not be the desired outcome.

This is a very good point.  There is always some level of guilt felt by some of the surviving friends and family.

I don't want to sound like I am promoting suicide.  If it is a mental health issue then people need to be encouraged to get help.  But in end-of-life situations I believe assisted suicide should be legal.  And while many people would agree with the end-of-life situation for elderly or terminally ill there is a huge grey area involving young people who may just be disabled and/or depressed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: In A Showdown With The Program I Present Through - fredtoast - 02-19-2019, 12:34 PM