Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals getting 3 6th-round Comp Picks
(02-24-2019, 08:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: What is the difference between paying Brown and paying Boyd?  You don't re-sign him and you pay an extra $5 million per year over Boyd's next likely contract?  Yes, please.  Douchebag and all....I think he would LOVE to stick it to his old team.  Although, I was just trying to be funny by offering a sixth rounder, but the more I think of it what would be the downside?

Plenty of downsides.. He's not unlike the rest of us in that he too is getting older and I don't think he will at any time drop by the fountain of youth for eternal life.. We often hear of "locker room cancers".. He would likely be worse than mere cancer, more like a toxic waste dump that spreads to everything it touches with it's own live and breeding vermin to spread even further.
We might all be wrong in not wanting him around and perhaps he would indeed catch more TD's than any Bengal ever, but I kind of doubt it.. On the upside he might single handedly provide plenty of jobs for Cincinnati police and jail guards. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals getting 3 6th-round Comp Picks - grampahol - 02-24-2019, 12:30 PM