Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sometimes a hotline just isn’t enough
(02-24-2019, 12:39 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Very sorry to hear this. Struggles are real and each person copes to the best of their abilities, and sometimes a breaking point is reached. It doesn’t mean they’re weak, cowardly, or self absorbed. Sometimes life just goes black and finding your way out is confusing. I lost my son to suicide on 2-20-2008. It was the most trying time in my life. On top of a stressful job and a bad marriage, The loss of my son was too much to bear. Times became dark and confusing. Within 2 weeks I found myself sitting in jail for DUI. Self destructive mode kicked in and there was no stopping it. One pressing thought that I could not shake was that I needed to be with my son. Then, one night my actions were almost identical to your wife’s. After the doctors pumped my stomach and saved my life, I too spent several days in a mental health facility. Twice to be exact, but no need to go further.

It’s a long road back sometimes and important you know this. I’m very sorry for what your family is going through. Your wife can find her brightness again. It just takes time and some treatment. Be encouraged that there is hope and light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck to both of you and if you ever want to pm me, feel free and confident to do so. Take care Griever.

I don't know how you and others make it through this be it suicide or accident or disease.  I am simply amazed at the fortitude, the courage and the strength.  I don't think I'd have a chance in hell.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes a hotline just isn’t enough - michaelsean - 02-25-2019, 11:09 AM