Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some of it really is just bad luck.
(03-20-2019, 10:46 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I guess it's difficult to separate 'bad luck' from 'poor management'. You don't see 27+ years or bad luck.

You'd think we would have won 2-3 playoff games by accident over the past 27+ years. Heck, most teams have won 5+ since we last won 1. I think only like 3-4 teams haven't won 5 since then and one was the Texans who were an expansion team.

I think it's a bit of both.  Mostly bad management the last 27 years, for sure.  That said, let's look back over the entirety of the franchise.  I won't mention the characters like Henry and Thurman.  

It starts with Greg Cook.  We all know the story, and at least the coaching staff then was creative enough to come up with the Ohio Valley Offense to accommodate Virgil Carter, and later Anderson, but that was a HUGE loss.

David Pollack, Ki-Jana Carter, Palmer's knee, Boomer's shoulder, Krumrie's leg, Stanley Wilson's coke binge, Dalton's thumb, Eifert over and over, the 2014 MASH unit, and a host of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Between bad management, and some snake bites when the management lucked out, it's a recipe for failure.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some of it really is just bad luck. - Wyche'sWarrior - 03-20-2019, 11:41 AM