Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
(04-11-2019, 04:24 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I have this weird feeling that Winker will eventually be the best offensive player on the Reds. It may not be this year but it won’t surprise me if it is. I don’t believe that Votto will ever be the best hitter on the team again. Hopefully Votto can perform better than the average ten million a year guy over the next five years. It’s exciting to see competent pitching early on.

I don't think anyone realistically expected Votto to be in the MVP running forever. I think that long term contract was a mistake, but they did it and will have to live with it. That deal did bring with it a LOT of unrealistic expectations though. He's still one of the best hitters in the game, just not THE best. Votto's always been kind of streaky though. When he's on he's really on. When he's off he might as well go take a nap in the clubhouse. On average though I'm more than happy the Reds have Joey Votto as opposed to almost anyone else at his position. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-01-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - grampahol - 04-11-2019, 12:42 PM