Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reds Month Of April Games Thread.
(04-11-2019, 12:42 PM)grampahol Wrote: I don't think anyone realistically expected Votto to be in the MVP running forever. I think that long term contract was a mistake, but they did it and will have to live with it. That deal did bring with it a LOT of unrealistic expectations though. He's still one of the best hitters in the game, just not THE best. Votto's always been kind of streaky though. When he's on he's really on. When he's off he might as well go take a nap in the clubhouse. On average though I'm more than happy the Reds have Joey Votto as opposed to almost anyone else at his position. 

I remember most people loving locking up Votto. I scratched my head at the time because he still had a few years left on his contract and he just had an MVP year. He wasn’t going anywhere for a few years and his price wasn’t going to go up, it could only go down. It was a stupid business decision with having years left on the existing contract. He got hurt soon after that and probably could have been signed at half price if they would have negotiated during his final year of the contract. Votto has been a great player and I really hope that he’s not terrible his last 2-3 years. His Defense and Base Running isn’t very good. If he continues to slip with the stick while making 25 mil a year, the Boo Birds will come out. I hope that he can finish the contract well enough to go out gracefully.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - kevin - 04-01-2019, 04:00 AM
RE: Reds Month Of April Games Thread. - Circleville Guy - 04-11-2019, 01:52 PM